Diaspora Training Regional Director
Diaspora Training Regional Director – Canada
TLI exists to provide theological training and resources to church leaders around the world in formal and non-formal settings. This role would help lead a ministry to train diaspora (immigrant and refugee) pastors and church leaders within Canada through a preaching workshop. There are significant numbers of ethnic and diaspora churches in urban centers throughout Canada whose pastors would benefit from the opportunity for supplemental training. We want to partner with local churches and ministries who share our vision to develop diaspora church leaders and work alongside them for the sake of the gospel in their communities and around the world.
To fulfill this assignment, you must develop your own personal support network.
Reports to: President of TLI Canada
Based in: Calgary area (West); GTA or Montreal (East)
Area of responsibility: The area of responsibility will depend on the applicant's location, focusing either on East (Ontario, Quebec, and Atlantic Provinces) or West (BC, Alberta, Prairies, and Northern Territories) Canada.
• An abiding faith in Jesus Christ
• Meeting the character qualifications of a local church elder (1 Tim 3:2-7)
• Whole-hearted agreement with The Gospel Coalition Affirmation of Faith
• Agreement with the vision and strategy of TLI
• Experience teaching and ministering in cross-cultural contexts
• Masters level degree or higher in theology.
• Aid the President in the promotion and implementation of TLI Canada's vision.
• Aid the President in the promotion and implementation of a Diaspora Training program throughout Canada.
• Oversee the startup and implementation of local church-based training sites among ethnic church leaders within your area of responsibility.
• Recruit qualified local leaders to become certified volunteer facilitators for preaching workshops in their areas.
• Establish partnerships with churches, schools, ministries, and other organizations to aid in recruiting and development.
• Identify new locations and people groups throughout your area of responsibility that would benefit from the Diaspora Training program.
• Facilitate the Diaspora Training Preaching Workshops and mentor volunteers who will facilitate workshops in your region.
• Pursue mentoring relationships with diaspora church leaders who are participating in workshops throughout your region.
• Represent TLI and pursue your personal ministry development by attending conferences related to cross-cultural mission, expositional preaching, and theological education.
• At least one international trip per year to teach at a TLI site overseas
• At least three trips per year (10-12 days total) for training or other meetings, possibly including travel to TLI US (Minneapolis) for training
• Approximately 40-50 days per year of domestic travel for teaching, fundraising, interviews, meetings, and conferences
5 International Trainers
TLI Canada is looking for qualified men to serve as full-time trainers of pastors overseas. The position is based in Canada and requires you to take 4-5 international trips a year. The ideal candidates are either men with over 10 years of pastoral experience in Canada or missionaries who are returning to Canada and looking for a new opportunity to serve the global church.While in Canada you would work on writing and research projects for TLI Canada. You must develop your own personal support network and be willing to live in the Calgary Area.
- Abiding faith in Jesus Christ
- Meet character qualifications of a local church elder (1 Tim 3:2-7)
- Ability to teach
- Whole-hearted agreement with The Gospel Coalition Affirmation of Faith
- Agreement with the vision and strategy of TLI Canada
- Ability to relate to graduate level theological students
- Masters level degree in Theology
- Aid the President in the implementation of the vision of TLI Canada
- Promote and champion the vision of TLI Canada
- Travel overseas 4-5 times a year to train pastors in modular course settings
- Closely mentor students and pastors for the purpose of teaching cross-culturally
- Travel to 1-2 seminaries a year to recruit students for teaching
- Establish relationships with seminaries and church leaders
- Perform research and writing projects for TLI Canada
- Attend conferences related to evangelical scholarship and cross-cultural mission
- Contribute to journals and magazines related to biblical studies and mission
- 4-5 International trips a year
- 10-12 days a year domestic travel for conferences and meetings
- Compensation will be agreed upon hire. This is a fundraised position.